Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Halloween and my anniversary

I'm exited about Halloween! It's my favorite holiday and as a "goth" it's even more better!
Costumes are the best! Lately I've been kind of not dressing as "artistically" but I went as a sexy/Hogwarts type witch complete with veil and mini- cape last year and my
homemade hat is what inspired me to start making mini-witch hats. The color is off, it's more purple in real life.This is my first diy and only full size witch hat below:
I'm completely self-taught so I'm constantly in a learning process. My design hasn't changed much since I started "Syd and Marc" with Mar but my method has. I still like glue, but I'm experimenting with sewing a
s much as possible. It's cleaner and more durable therefore raising the value of each one, but each one is still as much a piece of gorgeous art as accessory . I'm also a perfectionist at hiding the ugly parts such as stitching and gluing eww those are gross when you can see them, it's when an item becomes a "practice" hat or practical model. I am always experimenting with new designs, and I have a tendency to start grabbing material and working alot. My method is to only sometimes draw out the design and list my supplies needed on paper when I need to work out something that I know is going to be tough for me to make. And then I craft!

Here's a picture of my home made light box and my craft studio:
I got the instructions from a couple of tutorial and guides online. Purchased light tents can cost $100 or more but mine cost tissue paper and a glue stick plus some fancy scrapbook paper and movable tape for background changes. I also crop the pictures when I'm done so you can see hat detail=good and not ugly light box=bad in my finished pictures. I can get a bit frustrated when my first attempts are crummy and I want to spend money I don't have on a photographer but my babe Nate tells me that I can do it myself. So I tak
e a break and read more tutorials and try again. Some of my photos like my self portraits can be blurry, so next I need a tripod but I think my pictures are getting better and better . See how pretty my top photo turned out.

Fall means my dating and wedding anniversary's are coming around! Nate and my dating anniversary is October 3, we've been together 4 years. Our wedding anniversary is December 3 and we've been married for 3. Here's a couple of pics from our anniversary vacation 2 years ago when we drove many miles to an awesome, wonderful hot spring near Alamosa. Even though there was some snow around we still had an amazing time. We loved it so much we even talked about moving to the nearby area haha so we could visit the springs all the time. We should go back soon hmm hot spring. Last year we threw a small party and ate to much cheese, and I drank way to much boxed wine. I think the hot springs was more fun. That reminds me I have to start planning something special for this year.Here's a cute picture of us together, taken about a month ago. Sorry it's so tiny. I love my hubby so so much :)
He's been so encouraging and supportive of all my dreams and big plans... Right now we are side by side on our computers we each have one on our side of the bed. Yes, we're really into computers. I'm always reading, Nate's a gamer, and we both love watching movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment