Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby Shower


Listening to Aqua's new single " My Mama Said" and Pet Shop Boys, just a mix of their work from 1980's-now and synth- pop and goth rock like Cruxshadows and Beborn Beton

K... so it's rather obvious that I'm into "the dark side" but for Belladonna's shower I'm planning something more traditional with a modern twist. It's gonna be a couple's shower! Since Nate has friends and co workers who will attend it makes sense to include everyone: boyfriends, hubbys, kids, etc. I want it to be inviting and casual, with drinking and few/no games, just friends
gathered to celebrate our procreation. The decorations will be pink, purple, yellow, green, baby pastels.

The setting will be early evening and we'll serve a full buffet dinner of southern style food. I'm still not sure what beverages will be served, but I'll offer both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I've found it pretty easy not to drink too much because it makes me a bit queasy, but a little social lubricant won't hurt my guests.
Nate is a fantastic cook and baby makes me tired, so he's going to make most of the menu with myself and Marcasia helping out. We don't really do store bought pre- made food so it'll be entirely homemade except for the cake.
Menu:
Fried Chicken
Macaroni and cheese
Cornbread
Black eyed peas
Deviled eggs
Greens
Pasta salad
Crudites
Cake and ice cream
I'm planning our fete for early January since it's a quiet month and the holidays will be over with. Of course I'll probably still be wearing black, since it's my go to color. Maybe an excuse to go shopping? We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment